Appeal Court Rules in Favour of Banning School Mandates in Florida
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The controversial ban imposed by Gov. Ron DeSantis prohibiting mask mandates for Florida school students has been upheld by an Appeal court
- The 1st District Court of Appeal ruled Friday that a Tallahassee judge should not have blocked the enforcement of the mask mandate ban in an earlier ruling
- The effect of this ruling is that the state could resume imposing financial penalties on the school boards that are currently defying the mask mandate ban
- Reacting to the rule, DeSantis said the court has restored the rights of parents to make the best decisions for their children
- This comes a day after the U.S. Department of Education announced that it would provide funding for school districts in the country that lose money for implementing anti-coronavirus public health measures, including mandatory masks