Ann Jacobson brings demonstrated executive leadership in international accreditation and certification programs, nursing administration, and specialist in health care quality, safety and performance improvement. Her global consulting practice includes hospital operations’, quality and safety improvement, accreditation preparation, and conducts mock accreditation surveys. Ms. Jacobson’s diverse healthcare experience in multiple settings over years, in both domestic and international locations, as administrator, clinician, consultant and educator gives her a broad understanding of the healthcare field.
- Over 30 years’ experience in healthcare
- Executive management, consultation, and education/ training
- Accreditation standards compliance, quality and patient safety improvement, and care delivery redesign
Ms. Jacobson assists the Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) Program as Director, Clinical Operations. Also as a GHA Surveyor/Consultant, she conducts accreditation surveys, gap assessments and client education for international organizations in Asia and Middle East. GHA is an independent accrediting body that improves excellence in clinical care and the patient experience for individuals who travel to an organization with an International/Global Patient Services program or an entity within an organization that serves the medical travel patient.
Ms. Jacobson served as Executive Director of the JCI Accreditation Program for over eight years; she was administrator of the international accreditation program, corporate operations and personnel; and managed a team of 100 healthcare field staff: physicians, nurses, and healthcare administrators, from around the world. Previously she served as Consultant, Surveyor and Team Leader with Joint Commission International (JCI) and Joint Commission Resources (JCR) in hospitals and academic medical center hospitals, ambulatory care, behavioral care and long-term care settings. She also served as Chief Nursing Officer, Mercy Health System, Western Ohio.
In her extensive national consulting experience, Ms. Jacobson implemented innovative approaches to patient care operations, process improvement and team development strategies. She delivered numerous professional presentations and conducted workshops in topics ranging from quality improvement, accreditation standards compliance, patient safety, sentinel events, root cause analyses (RCA), professional practice, resource utilization and staffing to behavioral health services redesign.
Experience as a Healthcare Executive
• Assistant Vice President, Patient Care Services, St. Luke Hospitals, Florence Kentucky
• President, Jacobson Consulting Inc., Chicago, Illinois
• Assistant Professor, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Nursing
• Vice President Client Services, Eric Canter Associates, Cincinnati, Ohio
• Nursing, Madison General Hospital School of Nursing
• BSN, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• MSN University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
• American College of Healthcare Executives
• American Organization of Nurse Executives
• Sigma Theta Tau, Honor Society Nursing
• American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification (Nurse Executive-Advanced)