Dr. Arati Verma is Senior Vice President, Medical Quality, Max Healthcare. She has over 3 decades of experience in various clinical and administrative positions that include the Indian Army, Private Sector Healthcare in India and a Strategic Health Authority in NHS, UK as Assistant Director of Quality.
In her current assignment, Dr Arati Verma is heading medical quality and patient safety across the Max Healthcare network of 14 Hospitals with over 2500 beds. The medical quality departments overall objectives are to support the establishment of the highest standards of Medical Excellence and Clinical Outcomes by the constituent Max hospitals and clinical departments. This includes accreditation, protocols, clinical indicators, patient safety programs, clinical dashboards, training and audits.
· Max Healthcare Chairman's Award for Excellence in Performance through Personal Initiative, 2011
· Ranked among India's Top 20Women Achievers by Modern Medicare Magazine, 2009
· IMA South Delhi: awarded appreciation award in Oct 2011
· Course Author, Indira Gandhi National Open University, 2010: Autho reda chapter on the medico-legal aspects of
· Author: Chapter on Patient Safety: Book on Quality published by AHPI
· Faculty for training on Quality, Accreditation, Patient Safety, Communication Skills at numerous forums
• Chair,Accreditation Committee, QAI
• Principal Assessor andTeaching Faculty, NABH
• Member, FICCI Health ServicesNational Committee
• Chair, FICCI Task Force onPatient Safety
• Member Academic Board, IIHMR,New Delhi
• Member of the InternationalAcademy of Quality and Safety (IAQS)
• National Accreditation Boardfor Healthcare Organizations (NABH): Past Chair, Assessor Management Committee, Past Chair, Appeals Committee,Past Co - Chair of Technical Committee
• Past Hon Vice President, CAHO(Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations)
• Past Secretary General, CAHO(Consortium of Accredited Healthcare Organizations)
• Chair, FICCI Task Force onNursing Reforms 2014
• Member, Study Review Panel,International Finance Corporation (IFC), 2010: Worked on the review panel foran IFC publication titled “A Self-Assessment Guide for Health CareOrganizations.” The guide was released worldwide to help healthcareorganizations in developing countries meet international standards of patientsafety, service quality and ethics.
• Past Member, Education Panel, Central Board ofSecondary Education (CBSE), 2009: Wrote text book chapters on the topics ofhealthcare, emergency and first aid to be a part of the course content inCBSE-affiliated high schools.