Hospitals or ambulatory centers eligible for Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA) For Medical Travel Services meet the following requirements:
- The hospital or ambulatory center, such as an ambulatory surgery or dental clinic is currently licensed by relevant regulatory agencies to operate and provide patient services. There are no contingencies or restrictions on the license.
- The medical travel program is located within an accredited in-patient hospital or system, or within an accredited ambulatory center. This accreditation can be from a recognized national or international accreditation agency, such as those recognized by ISQua or other regulatory and professional bodies and must be current.*
- The hospital or ambulatory center has a defined or formal medical travel program, which is responsible for the care coordination of patients who travel for their care, whether internationally or domestically, or who seek care and treatment from the program for other reasons.
- The medical travel program has one or more individuals identified as accountable for the daily operations of the program and the quality of the services provided.
- All clinical services are provided by currently licensed, competent health professionals.
*For hospitals who do not possess a national or international accreditation, please inquire about the GHA Certification for Excellence in Medical Travel Patient Experience.
To begin your journey towards GHA Accreditation, organizations should:
- Complete the Online Needs Assessment Form
- Once the form is reviewed, a GHA representative will contact you to schedule a call.
- If the organization decides to proceed with GHA Accreditation or is considering GHA Accreditation, a proposal will be provided that includes details and costs of all the proposed services.
- Upon agreement of the proposal, the organization will complete the Pre-Survey Questionnaire and will receive the GHA Standards Manual and related materials for review and use in the preparation phase prior to a GHA On-site Survey Visit.
To learn more about the GHA Accreditation process you can call us at (001-561-228-4014) or email: Info@ghaccreditation.com.
You can also learn about the GHA Standards through our GHA Standards Brief available here.
Contribute to our Standards
GHA welcomes feedback on our standards. We provide regular resources to clearly identify and explain the core competencies which we uphold.Inquire About Accreditation