UK Relaxes Travel Restrictions for Fully Vaccinated Indians
Click the image below to enlarge the infographic.
- The U.K has eased travel restrictions for fully vaccinated Indians who have received any of the UK-approved vaccines. Consequently, vaccinated Indians can now travel to the UK without quarantine
- The change in guidelines comes days after the Indian government imposed travel restrictions on British nationals in retaliation for UK travel restrictions on Indian citizens
- Both countries had been battling over Covidshield, the Indian-made version of the AstraZeneca vaccine taken by UK residents. The UK had earlier refused to recognize Covidshield, so fully vaccinated Indians still had to isolate for 10 days upon arrival in the UK
- This led to a backlash from India against what it called a "discriminatory rule," forcing them to impose a mandatory quarantine last week for fully vaccinated British nationals traveling to India
- Following this move by Delhi, UK authorities finally approved Covidshield last month