Dr. Somporn Kumphong has over 25 years of experience in health care. He has expertise in the survey process of international standards for Joint Commission International (USA), DNV.GL (Norway), Global Healthcare Accreditation for Medical Travel Services (GHA) and WellHotel Accreditation. He has advised more than 100 healthcare organizations in Thailand and Japan to prepare for JCI – Joint Commission International and also safe by design construction, and until now has supported accreditation preparation for more than 60 healthcare organizations. Dr. Somporn Kumphong graduated in general medicine from Chiang Mai-University and after the completion of his studies began to study quality management and achieved American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physician. Immediately after his studies, he began his career in public health and healthcare management and accreditation. He became engaged in the executive management of a JCI accredited healthcare organization in the role of a quality and safety director. Later, Dr. Somporn became involved in the domestic accreditation process in Thailand in the role of consultant, surveyor and trainer.
Currently, Dr. Somporn Kumphong plays an important role as a GHA Surveyor and local representative in Thailand and Asia Pacific region. In addition, he advises customers on strategies for compliance with Medical Tourism and Wellness and Senior living standards.
Healthcare Experience includes:
• Advisor (Healthcare Vertical Expert) Corporate Solutions and Cooperation
• True Corporation Public Company Limited
• Advisor Healthcare Business Aspen Corporation Limited of MQDC
• Advisor Ministry of Public Health for International Standards and PPP Projects
• Global Healthcare Advisor at Guidepoint
• Global Medical Advisor at Health Invest Finland Oy
• Local Representative at Global Healthcare Accreditation and WellHotel Certification
• Consultation on the Development of Animal Hospital standards. Kasetsart University
• Director, MiniMBA in Medical Travel and Wellness Dhurakit Bundit University
• Advisor to the Subcommittee on Fire safety standards, Hospital Building, Faculty
of Fire Engineering, 2018 at The Engineering Institute of Thailand Under H.M.
The King’s Patronage
President and Chief Executive Officer HealthCare Expert GROUP (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
• Course Director International Healthcare Standard, International HealthCare Standard
Education and Improvement Center (IHIc), Rangsit University, Thailand.
• Former Surveyor and Faculty Det Norske Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd
• Lead Auditor ISO9001:2008
• Former Surveyor, Consultant and Faculty Institute of Healthcare Accreditation
• Former Course Director of Thai International HealthCare Standard
Training Center (TITC)
• Former Chief Operating Officer, Vejthani Hospital Public Company Limited, Thailand.
• Former Chief Quality Officer, Samitivej Hospital Public Company Limited, Thailand.
• Former Assistant Hospital Director (Operational Quality),
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Thailand.
• Former Director of Strategic Innovation and Quality, Nakornthon Hospital, Thailand.
• Former Assistant Medical Director, Navaminthra Hospital, Thailand.