Based in Bangkok, Thailand, Dr. Somporn Kumphong has over 25 years of experience in healthcare, with extensive expertise in preparing organizations for accreditation with accrediting bodies such as Joint Commission International (JCI), DNV.GL (Norway), American Accreditation Commission International (AACI), Planetree International and Global Healthcare Accreditation (GHA).
Dr. Somporn Kumphong graduated in general medicine from Chiang Mai-University and later studied quality management and achieved certification with the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians. Immediately after his studies, he began his career in public health, healthcare management and accreditation. Over the past 25 years, he has also been heavily involved in the domestic accreditation process in Thailand, through the Healthcare Accreditation Institute-a government entity, in the role of consultant, surveyor and trainer.
At present, he provides advisory services for government agencies especially on Medical and Wellness Tourism such as Thailand Medical Hub etc. and more than 100 healthcare organizations in Asia-Pacific to develop and prepare for International Standards in the Asia-Pacific region. Currently, Dr. Somporn Kumphong is GHA’s Executive Director of Asia Pacific and plays a role in the international accreditation standard as executive level, standards committee member, trainer and e.g., AACI®, GHA®, Planetree International®. He is also a member of judging panel for the 14th Thailand Tourism Awards 2023 (TTA2023) Health Tourism Category, Tourism Authority of Thailand.
Healthcare Experience includes:
• Advisor (Healthcare Vertical Expert) Corporate Solutions and Cooperation
• True Corporation Public Company Limited
• Advisor Healthcare Business Aspen Corporation Limited of MQDC
• Advisor Ministry of Public Health for International Standards and PPP Projects
• Global Healthcare Advisor at Guidepoint
• Global Medical Advisor at Health Invest Finland Oy
• Local Representative at Global Healthcare Accreditation and WellHotel Certification
• Consultation on the Development of Animal Hospital standards. Kasetsart University
• Director, MiniMBA in Medical Travel and Wellness Dhurakit Bundit University
• Advisor to the Subcommittee on Fire safety standards, Hospital Building, Faculty
of Fire Engineering, 2018 at The Engineering Institute of Thailand Under H.M.
The King’s Patronage
President and Chief Executive Officer HealthCare Expert GROUP (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
• Course Director International Healthcare Standard, International HealthCare Standard
Education and Improvement Center (IHIc), Rangsit University, Thailand.
• Former Surveyor and Faculty Det Norske Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd
• Lead Auditor ISO9001:2008
• Former Surveyor, Consultant and Faculty Institute of Healthcare Accreditation
• Former Course Director of Thai International HealthCare Standard
Training Center (TITC)
• Former Chief Operating Officer, Vejthani Hospital Public Company Limited, Thailand.
• Former Chief Quality Officer, Samitivej Hospital Public Company Limited, Thailand.
• Former Assistant Hospital Director (Operational Quality),
Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Thailand.
• Former Director of Strategic Innovation and Quality, Nakornthon Hospital, Thailand.
• Former Assistant Medical Director, Navaminthra Hospital, Thailand.