Stephen Shearer has been a healthcare consultant for over 30 years. He has a passion for supporting accessible quality healthcare and enjoys working in the global environment. He has lived and worked in Japan, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia.
Stephen has provided healthcare consultation and training to multiple healthcare settings including: hospitals, ambulatory clinics, physician practices and residential living programs. He has taught courses sponsored by the United States government, by Joint Commission and by colleges for continuing education courses.
Stephen’s work experience includes managing inpatient hospital units and outpatient services. He has managed high volume hospital preadmission and admission telephone systems. He has performed and taught effective patient case management and patient discharge services.
Stephen has a B.S degree in Social Service with additional graduate study in educational psychology. His credentials include:
• Certified Joint Commission Professional (CJCP)
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
• Certified Case Manager (CCM)
• Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP)
• Certified Clinical Supervisor
• Licensed Drug and Alcohol Counselor